- Every day, your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles (32 km).
2. Your heart can keep beating even if it is separated from the body because it has its own electrical impulse
3. 75 trillion cells receive blood from the heart. Only the corneas don’t.
4. Having an orgasm at
least 3 times a weekcuts in half the likelihood of coronary heart disease
5. Your heart will pump nearly
1.5 million barrels of blood
during your lifetime, enough to
fill 200 train tank cars
6. Instead of chest pains, heart attacks in women have nausea, indigestion, and shoulder aches
7. Owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by more than a third, researchers found.
8. Multivitamins increase the risk of cancer and heart disease, according to recent studies
9. Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
10. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart
11 A man received the heart of a suicide victim, married his widow, and years later killed himself on the same way his donor did.
12. Vegetarians are 19% less likely to die from heart disease, a study found.
13. Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third
14. Couples who are in love
after gazing into each others’ eyes for three minutes
15. The human heart is not on the left-hand side of the body; it’s in the middle.